Golden Guide Video Resources
- Golden Guides - Video list created by NDVS/SB team on various tips on living independently with low vision or blindness.
- TVI Teaching Resources - A list compiled by NDVS/SB.
- Public Access Catalog - search for resources through our library's online catalog.
- Learning Ally - Downloadable audio textbooks for eligible students.
- Bookshare - Ebooks, including textbooks, for people with reading barriers.
- National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) - A free braille and talking book library service for people who are not able to read and/or hold the printed page.
- North Dakota Talking Book Program - North Dakota's free braille and talking book library service, headquartered at the ND State Library in Bismarck.
- National Instructional Materials Access Center (NIMAC) - A federally funded, online repository of source files for use in the production of accessible formats of textbooks for students with disabilities.
- American Printing House for the Blind (APH) - The world's largest nonprofit organization creating an educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired.
- Louis Plus Database - Search for books in accessible formats.
- T-Base Communications - Delivers documents in accessible formats quickly and securely.
- LRS Publishing - Publishes books and textbooks in large print format for students.
- BANA (Braille Authority of North America) - Promotes and facilitates the uses, teaching, and production of braille.
- Seedlings - A catalog of over 1,300 affordable braille books for children.
- American Action Fund - A service agency that assists in securing reading matter and specialized aids to blind and deaf-blind persons.
- National Braille Association - Provides education to those who prepare braille materials and braille materials to those who are visually impaired.
- National Braille Press - Provides access to information that empowers people with visual impairment.
- Free Braille Resources - A list of resources provided by NDVS/SB.
- Guide to Braille Resources - A guide to braille resources from SuperSummary.
State Agencies Affiliated with NDVS/SB
- North Dakota State Portal
- North Dakota Dual Sensory Project
- North Dakota Department of Public Instructions (DPI)
- North Dakota State Library
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Parent & Family Resources
- Family Connect - For parents of children with visual impairments.
- Paths to Literacy - A resource hub for families who are affected by a visual impairment.
- VisionAware.org - Resources for independent living with vision loss.
- WonderBaby.org - Resources for parents of blind & disabled babies & children.
- Little Bear Sees - Helping visually impaired children learn to see.
- National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC) - A division of NFB.
- Family Voice of North Dakota - Aims to achieve family-centered care for all children and youth with special health care needs and/or disabilities.
- American Council of the Blind (ACB)
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
- North Dakota Association of the Blind (NDAB)
- National Federation of the Blind North Dakota (NFBND)
- ND Assistive (Formerly IPAT)
Orientation & Mobility Organizations
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP)