ND Vision Services/School for the Blind - Created Content
- Golden Guides - Videos created by NDVS/SB team on various tips on living independently with low vision or blindness.
- The Incredible You! - NDVS/SB Psychology Intern Sky Gabel presents on The Incredible You! Hear about the amazing accomplishments of people who are visually impaired and be inspired to be the incredible person that you already are!
- Technology Resources - Technology resource list created by the NDVS/SB team on various assistive technology resources available.
- TVI Teaching Resources - A list compiled by NDVS/SB.
- Public Access Catalog - search for resources through our library's online catalog.
- Learning Ally - Downloadable audio textbooks for eligible students.
- Bookshare - Ebooks, including textbooks, for people with reading barriers.
- National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) - A free braille and talking book library service for people who are not able to read and/or hold the printed page.
- North Dakota Talking Book Program - North Dakota's free braille and talking book library service, headquartered at the ND State Library in Bismarck.
- National Instructional Materials Access Center (NIMAC) - A federally funded, online repository of source files for use in the production of accessible formats of textbooks for students with disabilities.
- American Printing House for the Blind (APH) - The world's largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired.
- Louis Plus Database - Search for books in accessible formats.
- T-Base Communications - Delivers documents in accessible formats quickly and securely.
- LRS Publishing - Publishes books and textbooks in large print format for students.
- Paul V. Sherlock Center on Disabilities at Rhode Island College - Interactive PowerPoint shows adapted for students with visual impairment and CVI.
- BANA (Braille Authority of North America) - Promotes and facilitates the uses, teaching, and production of braille.
- Seedlings - A catalog of over 1,300 affordable braille books for children.
- American Action Fund - A service agency that assists in securing reading matter and specialized aids to blind and deaf-blind persons.
- National Braille Association - Provides education to those who prepare braille materials and braille materials to those who are visually impaired.
- National Braille Press - Provides access to information that empowers people with visual impairment.
- Free Braille Resources - A list of resources provided by NDVS/SB.
- Guide to Braille Resources - A guide to braille resources from SuperSummary.
State Agencies Affiliated with NDVS/SB
- North Dakota State Portal
- North Dakota Dual Sensory Project
- North Dakota Department of Public Instructions (DPI)
- North Dakota State Library
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Parent & Family Resources
- Family Connect - For parents of children with visual impairments.
- Paths to Literacy - A resource hub for families who are affected by a visual impairment.
- VisionAware.org - Resources for independent living with vision loss.
- WonderBaby.org - Resources for parents of blind & disabled babies & children.
- Little Bear Sees - Helping visually impaired children learn to see.
- National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC) - A division of NFB.
- Family Voice of North Dakota - Aims to achieve family-centered care for all children and youth with special health care needs and/or disabilities.
- American Council of the Blind (ACB)
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
- North Dakota Association of the Blind (NDAB)
- National Federation of the Blind North Dakota (NFBND)
- ND Assistive (Formerly IPAT)
Orientation & Mobility Organizations
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP)