Records received by the State of North Dakota from web sites are subject to the same controls and uses as records collected by governmental offices visited in person and are open to the public upon request unless otherwise specifically provided by law. You should check with the specific agency you are providing information to, to determine whether the information you provide them will be held in confidence or must be released upon request by a member of the public.
Log analysis tools are used to create summary statistics, used for administering the performance of the web sites, diagnosis of problems and determining which information is of most interest to the public. The following information is collected for analysis only:
- User Client hostname - the hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - the user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it's running on.
- HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
To protect the information being gathered this site has security measures in place including firewalls, encryption, and authenticated access to internal databases where needed.
Specific information regarding encryption, credit card information, social security numbers and cookies will be addressed on the pages that use this information.
If you send an email from DiscoverND, the email address will be collected as a means to reply to you. We may forward your message to another agency for appropriate action.
Retention of Information:
The information collected on this site is retained in accordance with the Record Retention Schedules developed by this office.